The Federation Council adopted the recommendations of the Expert Council developed at the KEF-2023
Photo: press service of the Krasnoyarsk Economic Forum 2023
The Federation Council considered the resolution adopted following the meeting of the Expert Advisory Council for the Timber Complex, which took place on March 2 as part of the 19th Krasnoyarsk Economic Forum.
As a result, the Federation Council recommended:
To the Government of the Russian Federation:
- consider the possibility of opening border crossings on the territory of the Siberian Federal District (SFD) for the transportation of timber processing products by road;
- consider the possibility of using the Northern Sea Route for the transportation of timber cargo from the Siberian Federal District;
- Together with the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, consider the possibility of increasing the permissible mass of a six-axle or more road train from 44 to 55 tons during the transportation of timber products (at the initiative of the Ministry of Industry and Trade).
Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation:
- create a list of priority shippers, taking into account the interests of large timber processors and timber processing enterprises of small and medium sectors;
- to work out the issue of opening border crossings on the territory of the Siberian Federal District for the transportation of timber goods by road to the territory of neighboring states, primarily Kazakhstan;
- work out the issue of differentiating the amount of subsidies to compensate for part of the costs of transporting timber products.
This decision will be sent to the Government of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Transport, as well as to the highest executive bodies of state power in Russia, which are part of the Siberian Federal District, and Russian Railways.