Responsible forest users have been awarded in Yakutia
«Russian Forest» awarded the «Russian Forest» Federal Forestry Prize in the «Responsible Forest User» nomination. The award, according to tradition, was held as a part of the National Forestry Forum, which this time took place in Yakutsk.
The winners are:
- The largest timber industry complex in the Republic of Sakha — «LPK ALMAS» LLC,
- One of the largest oil companies of Russia —«Surgutneftegaz» PJSC,
- The flagship of the energy sector of the Far Eastern Region — «Yakutskenergo» PJSC.
Winning companies were selected by the jury on the basis of compliance with the main requirements of the competition:
- the existence of actual lease agreements for forest areas;
- no arrears in forestry fees;
- high-quality implementation of reforestation and forestry works.
«We are pleased to see among the awarded two companies, whose field of activity is not related to logging. At the same time, they demonstrate an example of responsible forest management», — Association President Alexei Zhelneyev said.
The association has established a prize to attract the attention of the public and industry participants to the issues of environmental, social and corporate responsibility of forest management.