The «Russian Forest» National Association of Timber Industry, as in the past year, has become a partner of the National Forest Forum. In 2019, the event will be held in five cities - in Krasnoyarsk, Tyumen, Perm, Yakutsk and Syktyvkar. The forum will end with a large plenary meeting in Moscow.
As Nikolay Nikolayev, Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Natural Resources, Property and Land Tenure, noted at the forum’s organizing committee meeting, the following topics will be central:
1. Monitoring law enforcement practices. It will be a question of the effectiveness of legislation both in the framework of fire fighting and in the framework of reforestation.
2. Implementation of the development strategy of the forest complex of the Russian Federation until 2030. The discussion will focus on the economic pricing model for natural resources.
3. Urban forests and nature of the city. The law on protective forests was adopted by the State Duma of Russia at the end of last year.
4. Creating a national forest certification system.
5. Development of public-private partnership (PPP) in environmental management. It is about attracting business to the arrangement of protected areas, national parks and urban forests, to reforestation projects.
Nikolay Nikolayev noted the importance of such events. After all, as a result of last year’s forum, specific bills were drafted. The development of procurement offices, protective forests, forestry clusters are all the result of the fruitful work of the forum participants.
Recall that in 2018 the First National Forest Forum was held in Izhevsk, Khanty-Mansiysk, Khabarovsk, Barnaul and Petrozavodsk. It took place under the auspices of the State Duma with the support of the Federal Forestry Agency of Russia and the Ministry of Forestry of Russia.
на вступление в ассоциацию